We’re closing submissions for Shetland Create until further notice, as we work to make changes for the next issue. Please check back for updates!
Send your work in a Word document to Angie at nightofcreativity[@]gmail.com.
- Send a 100-word bio in the body of your email.
- Send your work in a Word document with the naming convention: Title_FirstName_LastName (e.g. Stonecutting_Angie_Spoto.docx).
- Include a page number on each page of your submission.
- Work should be centered around the theme of ‘autumn’ but your interpretation can be literal or broad – tell us what the season means to you!
- Both prose (including novel excerpts) and poetry as well as creative nonfiction (aka essays) accepted.
- Submissions can be previously published or unpublished.
- We’re okay with simultaneous submissions.
- Max 3,000 words or 3 poems.
- You can read previous versions of the magazine online for free!